Well, here they are. 25 random facts about myself. Have fun...
1.) It may be an exaggeration, but somewhere deep down inside I feel that Oprah might be the Antichrist. Think about it...... Yeah.... See? There ya go. Now you see what I mean.
2.) I treat my Macbook Pro and my iPhone like they are the fruit of my own loins. Precious children. It may be sad, but I love Apple products and would probably vote Steve Jobs president of the world.
3.) Marriage has taught me lots of things about selfishness, and it has really put the spotlight on how self-centered I am. My prayer is for me just to put Christ first, then Ellen.
4.) Lately I have realized how very "taken care of" I am. I don't need anything, my paycheck covers our expenses and I don't have to deal with having excess. God has given Ellen and I exactly what we need.
5.) LOST is simply the greatest show ever to be put on television. I don't care what you may say about time travel and jumping the shark. Your previously valid opinion is now just wrong. LOST rocks.
6.) I discovered through Ellen's 25 things exactly how she felt as she walked down the aisle at our wedding. If you're single and reading this, let me assure you that reading that (all her other amazing qualities aside) made the last 9 months of my life more than worth it. You should get married one day. And for all you married people, revisit that moment.
7.) I have a sweet tattoo on my right inner bicep that says "I am the Lord's" in Hebrew.
8.) If you'd like to meet a very critical person, introduce yourself to me. It's the curse of being an artist. I'd like to change that.
9.) I am more concerned with my fitness and physique than my fitness and physique would let on. I try to exercise 3 times a week and generally I am OK at doing that. BUT - as soon as the DVDs come in the mail a friend and I are starting P90X. It is going to rock my world.
10.) Best type of food in the world, according to moi: Mexican! Hola, mis nachos....
11.) Since I've known Ellen I've come to respect dance as an art form much more. It really is an amazing art that always shows me how uncoordinated am when I try to involve myself in it.
12.) My favorite "word": Boo-ya!
13.) My dream career: a stage and film actor who also writes plays and musicals.
14.) I love my iGoogle homepage. You should create one for yourself if you haven't.
15.) I like to wear my Converses a LOT - and I used to think they made my feet look more like snow skis than feet.
16.) I am absolutely not a "nice clothes" kind of person. Dressing up is great every once in a while, but I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy.
17.) I think Death Cab For Cutie is the most creative, poetic, musically satisfying band making music today. Keep up the good work, DCfC. Check out "Bixby Canyon Bridge" off of their new album, "Narrow Stairs."
18.) A big prayer of mine for myself right now is to surrender my plans to the Lord. I tend to make a lot of decisions without involving God in them. That's just not a good thing.
19.) I absolutely would lay down my life for my wonderful wife, Ellen.
20.) My wedding ring is manly and cool. It's tungsten and thick.
21.) That's what she said.
22.) Taxes, savings, investments....finances in general scare me to death.
23.) I feel like I haven't seen a movie at the theatres in forever, and that's an artform and industry I want to support.
24.) Even though I haven't been out to see a film in a while, I am basking in the glorious convenience of Netflix. Man, they've got a great service going on.
25.) My doctor measured my height for a couple of years at 6'5". I have since confirmed (a number of times) that I am 6'3". Now what does that say about that doctor...?
Boo-ya! I did it.
Ok so roll with me...
In some really big news that I completely forgot to blog about (which is probably due to the fact that we had to wait until all the parentals knew), Matt got a tattoo! Matt has talked about getting one on his hand since I have met him, but since he wants to be an actor, we both decided a place that is easier hidden would be better. Then, on the way to this, we decided now is the time if he is ever going to do it. Sooooo long story short, he got one right when we got back (on a lunch break no less). It says "Belonging to the Lord" in Hebrew and is friggin awesome! I really love it. At first I was nervous he was going to one day regret it (I have a nature to second guess everything), but I have completely gotten over those reservations. Below are a couple pictures of the event. I need to grab a photo of the healed tattoo,but for now, you get the picture.
Ok this is gonna be random, I warned you.
Ok this is gonna be random, I warned you.
She has gotten super cute. I am having so much fun with Lucy now that she is more alert. Now, I can't wait for her personality to come out so I can really play with her.
Nine girls spent the night at our baby apartment this past weekend. While cramped, I had so much fun. I could not have asked for a better or more entertaining small group.
My last blog inspired me to make this today. It was sooo good.
My sweet husband gave me these the other day. Fresh flower make me so happy.
Here is a picture of the cupcakes I talked about in this blog. I thought they turned out pretty wonderful and I thought I'd share.
And finally, this went so well! Thanks to all who came. Round 2 coming soon.
Ok that's all for now. I wonder how long it will take Mr. Godfrey to do his 25 Things. I am not gonna lie, I am curious to see what 25 things he picks!
I am doing this on here b/c I have never written a facebook note in my life and I don't intend to start now.
1) Let's start with a random one: I can only eat grapes from the bottom (aka the part that wasn't on the stem) first. If I put the other side in first, I squirm and have a hard time swallowing it. I know, I am really weird.
2) I think my husband is the kindest person in the entire world. It boggles my brain that he chose to spend the rest of his life with me.
3) I hate UAB and every class I have taken there which makes me sad because I love learning.
4) I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but I do know what I DON'T want to be. I have too many interests.
5) My favorite smell is asphalt right after it rains in the summer.
6) My favorite food is fresh, steaming hot home-made bread with butter. Few things make me happier.
7) One thing that makes me happier is when Matt and I are alone in the apartment and we break out into wacky dances together. Too bad Matt is too shy and you will most likely never see him do one of these dances.
8) I wish I prayed more.
9) I hope I can stay home with my kids once I'm a mom. Thinking about having to leave them in daycare or with a relative makes my soul hurt.
10) I never want to live in a big house where there are rooms that are never used.
11) I have an intense internal struggle of how I am supposed to spend my money as a Christian.
12) If all I did when I traveled is go out to that destination's best restaurants I would be happy. I frequently rate trips on the food eaten/the experience at the restaurants.
13) I really love all my brothers and sisters (full, step, half, whatever). I want them all to be happy and feel loved and I hope they accomplish whatever they want to do.
14) If I won a billion dollars today I know exactly how I would spend it. Ask Matt. It's true.
15) I am really ready to move out of Birmingham. I have a fear of change and I think it is because I have only ever lived here so my surroundings do not change all that much. Don't get me wrong, I love Birmingham. It hurts me when people look down on Alabama, but I am ready to get out of my comfort zone and see what happens.
16) I love that Matt wants to be an actor. Sometimes I get scared about our future, but it has taught me more about faith than anything else.
17) I wish I wasn't so blunt and opinionated. I try to sugar coat things but I think I am biologically wired to not be able to do that. I literally break out into a sweat if I am lying about liking or disliking something. (Warning: If you ask my opinion, you will most likely get it)
18) I cry when I am really happy for someone. Or when I listen to the theme from Little Women or Finding Nemo.
19) Speaking of crying: Matt cried while I was walking down the aisle, and in that moment I felt like I was worth an amount no one could pay.
20) I wish I could go to Guatemala to visit my family more. I really miss them. Airfare to that country is ridiculous.
21) I covet sleep. No matter what time I go to bed at night I will always sleep until at least 11:00 if I do not set an alarm. I am going to have a panic attack when I become pregnant because I will think of all the sleep I am NOT going to get.
22) I really hope I go on a short term mission trip with Matt in the next year. It makes me sad he has never been on one.
23) The longer I have been a Christian the more grateful I am for God's grace and mercy and love.
24) I wish I was a "go-getter." I get so mad at myself when I let fear get in the way, which sadly happens all the time.
25) I want to travel the world. My dream is to be that couple on the show "1000 Places to See Before You Die." I have so many places I want to see and so many things I want to do. I hope I don't die before I get to do them.
Matt you are the only person I am going to tag :) you better do it.
Yesterday was Missions Sunday at our church. One of the speakers was from Hungary and he told this story in broken English:
I was on the plane and when the flight attendant brought me a coke I said "Thank you."
Then she brought me a snack and I said, "Thank You."
Then she brought me my lunch and I said, "Thank you."
But while I was grateful, I felt like I deserved all these things because I paid for that plane ticket.
This is why it is hard for me to say thank you for your church's help with our mission in Hungary.
It is like when we are standing before the Lord who sits on His throne. What will we say? "Thank you"? It just doesn't seem enough. I mean, I say "thank you" when a lady brings me a coke.